Thursday, August 27, 2026

I understand why people get drawn to watching dramas. Its because it gives them an escape from reality. It allows them to have this short respite from what's really happening. It meets unmet needs. It shows them the possibilities of their could haves, their wishes, their dreams. 

How do I know? Its because I've been there. 

Drama allows me to feel happiness, even if its just for a short while. To imagine what it could have been, if our country had a culture like that. 

It also brings out my analytical mind. The different themes - gender equality, the draw of greed for money or power, high school, fitting in etc. - that you can draw out from the shows. Or how the character develops. 

There are times where I just fast forward to the sweet moments in the shows, cause life is too bitter. I don't like misunderstandings, and would gladly skip over those parts. 

Watching reality shows brings about a different feeling. The people you see on screen are people who have a life. They are not actors and actresses. Its quite cool actually, to be okay with the world seeing how you fall in love. And i get invested in it. 

Its just a nice break from the worries and chaos that's happening. Get whisk away for a short while. Before its time to get back to you own life.

= do something right =

No comments: