Sunday, November 26, 2023

I'm back! The last time I blogged was about 3 weeks ago and I have nothing short of busy. Other than the overwhelming feelings that I talked about in my previous post back in October and also the reminder to self 3 weeks ago. I thought I would reflect on the past month, consisting of the various different trips and events. 

The school trip to Vietnam Sapa reminded me of how God really knows the desires of my heart and He will fulfil it in His own time. Initially, during the June holidays, I really wanted to go overseas with two of my male colleagues. Not that we had anything going on, just that they were at that time, one of the few close colleagues that I had in school. We did kind of entered the service around the same time and shared many conversations haha. Vietnam was one of the options, followed by Taiwan. However, I had my reservations for going with them. Firstly, I will be the only female - not that they will do anything to me. But I felt that it was not right for me to go on a trip with two guys. Alone. 1. I was going to get married and it is not respectful towards my husband, even if he was okay with it (I will also feel weird if he goes on a trip with 2 other ladies). 2. I believe that there must be some boundaries set as Christian lady and not to put myself in a position where it might stumble others. This is not as simple as going for a dinner meal and coming back home. In the end, I told them I would go with them... if we managed to find another female, if not, I will not. Ultimately, I did not as we could not find another female friend to come along. So the guys went ahead (Taiwan eventually). Of course I was feeling a little FOMO, but I still stuck by my choice. 

Fast forward to the Vietnam trip >>  this opportunity was given to me by my school's YH, when he asked if I was free during the period. To my delight, I also found out the that majority of the teachers who will be going were also people whom I was quite close to (including the two male colleagues!). It was really rare for a staff, who has only been in the school for like... less than 2 years to be sent on a trip. Even more for my role! It was really divine! :) God remembered :) Really really thank God that I managed to go on this trip, visited beautiful Sapa - a place I will not go by myself, or plan a holiday there. 

The week before was actually our sec 2 camp. Which I had the privilege of participating and leaving office for a few days. After a short week's rest, I went off to JB for our combined leader's retreat. It was another roller coaster of emotions, but I think that it was necessary for growth and to really break the spirit of self-centeredness. Also thank God for allowing my P to let me take UPA to go on this retreat. It is definitely a blessing to have supportive school management! 

Rested this week, meeting and catching up with friends. Agenda for today is to pack for my last overseas trip of the year - honeymoon! Inertia is pretty strong though. At least I got my outfits planned out hehe. Quite excited as this will be my first time travelling with my husband and spending >10 days with him for 24 hours. The longest we have ever been since our dating time till now. Hopefully we do not get overly annoyed with each other haha. It has been a good break thus far!

=do something right=

No comments: