Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Okay, I think it is not hard to clock in an average of 7 hours per day. The tough part is really to sleep by 10.30pm/11pm. Time just flies from 10pm onwards. 

Was settling the BTO stuff with my mum yesterday and we had a late dinner, by the time I was done, it was already close to 10.15pm. -.- and I was like 时间都去哪了... probably the goal should be tweak to sleep by 11pm during the holidays. >.< which I will try tonight. I have work review with my RO tmr morning and I need to wake up early for it. 

Visited Weilin's house last Monday and playing games made me learnt more about myself. People play to win (of course I do play to the best of my ability), I play to have fun cum learn a new game HAHAH. I mean, I am maybe 10% aggressive and 90% passive when playing games. 

I also learn that Risk basically a game of chance. Strategy at the start, maybe, but everything is really based on the roll of the dice. If you are trying to defend your territory, its how long you can keep rolling sixes on the dice and mind you, I can only roll sixes so many times. But the attacker can just keep attacking as long as he/she have enough troops. I always though Risk was a game of wits... but I guess otherwise. 

Same goes for ugly dolls. I legit thought that when you see 3 of the same kind, you just cover the cards with your hands and shout 'ugly ugly ugly' - that was perhaps how I played it back in uni, where my friend just threw himself on top of the table to cover the entire pile. I learnt of the new rule - that when more than one hand goes on top of the card, you need to shout 'mine'. Which my 2 RAM brain probably could not register this rule and I kept saying ugly twice lol. 

Oh and yes, level of aggressiveness is a thing. The more aggressive people are, the more passive I become. So... yeah, maybe my kind of game is probably chess or weiqi (ironically I don't know how to play both). Silence in a game is golden, when you can hear the clicks when the gears in your brain move. Hues and Cues was interesting where we needed to use a word to describe a colour. Not much aggressiveness in there, yet I also found out about my lack of vocab to describe the colour sufficiently - I didn't know what coral makeup was (i legit thought it was purple).  

All in all, I learnt that it the company that matters. Though I lost in all of the games (no surprise there) haha but I was happy that I got to learn new games, spend time with friends and just have a day to enjoy myself. Kind of apprehensive about LOL games and LOLympics coming up. >.< all the screaming, shouting, tensions running high. (shivers). perhaps that is like one of the moment we can be 热血 about something haha. 

But through it all I think God has always been trying to reveal certain sides of me that I don't really like, yet learning to embrace. That it is okay to feel this way and instead of seeing the negative side of things, to look at the positive side and the things that I have gained through even playing games. There were times that I might have felt 'left-out' when everyone was cheering for the person 'against' me to win. It was uncomfortable, but after a while, I was okay. I told myself that it was only a game and they don't mean it in real life. Taking baby steps to get out of this mindset, and I know for sure that I am never truly alone, cause God is always with me, even when playing games :)

= do something right =

No comments: