Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Just wanted to record this amazing thing.

So I will curate and push out bi-monthly newsletters to my school, to share with them about the different SEN and also some strategies that will (hopefully) help them in class.

I will credit the website or the book that I took these strategies from.

Interestingly, one of my avid readers is actually my school's OM. Just as I was leaving school today, he called me and showed me the book that I adapted the strategies from. He was the last person I would expect to read my newsletter, let alone purchase a book on managing behaviour for sec school students!

I asked him why did he buy the book? He could have borrowed it from me if he wants to read it. He said that he wanted his own copy so that he can write down notes in the book and show his wife. He shared that both his children are in their teenage years and he felt that he book can be useful in the way he communicates with his children. We manage to have a short discussion where I also highlighted some ideas from the book which I found to be useful and he also acknowledge that it takes us as adults to change the way we speak and also know how to regulate our emotions before we communicate with the younger ones.

WOW! God really works in amazing ways. Pushing out this newsletter was just part of 'doing my job' and an attempt in educating the teaching fraternity. Sometimes I doubt that the teachers even read. Maybe the email just ends up in their junk folder. Yet, our OM. Someone who deals more with contractors and cleaners, bothered to read and found it useful for himself and his family. Even willing to go the extra mile to get the book. WOW! It is really God working when you least expect it and God can take something even as mundane as this to impact someone or help someone in need.

= do something right =

No comments: