Tuesday, June 4, 2024

 Matthew 6:25-27 NKJV‬

[25] “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? [26] Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? [27] Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.6.25-27.NKJV


Devotion message: The things i own don't belong to me. Hold on to them loosely. 


Got asked by Den if it's okay for me to pay the full camp fee. You might think that $90 for a working adult like me might be nothing. But if you know me, I'm someone that doesn't like to 吃亏。One of my 'matra' is that 我不做亏本生意 or in whatever I do, I don't like making losses. 


Even before I asked Den, I've already thought that since I can only make it for 2 days of camp, is it not right that I just pay $45? I mean the most 55, adding 10 for the shirt. While talking to God in the morning, Matthew 6:25 came into my mind. Actually what do I have to lose if nothing is own by me? I'm just God's steward. So when Den's message came, I was able to say yes. It's not about the value, but the heart. Not to make myself look good, but if 90 is an investment in this camp for God. Then I am willing. 


= do something right =

No comments: