Wednesday, July 19, 2023

It is always a good time at wpc. I think I enjoy more when it is just LOL. More freedom and the songs are more relatable (maybe cause the songs they sing at the combined one are older and I am not used to it).

Was not feeling my best due to my tummy - indigestion. But I told God that I wanted to focus on worshipping Him and I was confident that the more I worshipped, the lesser I will feel the pain. Thank God that I did (after a few burps, I felt better!)

When we were asked to press into the Spirit, I saw this word 'Joy' came out. Its like those words you would see on a Christmas card. Love, Joy and Peace. As I poured out my burdens to God, I felt God telling me to do all things with joy. Its not just happiness, but sheer joy, pure joy that comes from Him. Only when I am able to do all things with joy, supernaturally gifted joy, am I able to enjoy whatever I am doing. 

I have been really cooped up in my thoughts. My head is always in a tension, darting from one neuron to another, and being a pessimist, I am always bracing myself for the worst case scenarios. Perhaps I had my fair shares of disappointment, hence it was like a layer of protection. Sometimes I do care about how others things of me.. or worst, its my own expectation that I projected on other people. WPC really gave me the platform to unwind and just seek and worship God. I felt lighter after the session and I sense God refueling my joy tank. 

The joy that comes, I like to think that its something to be radiated, the aura, instead of having a smile plastered on your face. Its indescribable, yet contagious. I have to want it, and surrender to God.

At the core, I am a person who sees the glass as half-full instead of half-empty. I pray that as I continue to journey in faith, that with joy, it makes serving and the work that I am doing different. That I am doing God's work, for His Kingdom and not my name.

to God be the Glory!

= do something right =

No comments: