Friday, December 29, 2023

마시막 LCG of 2023

Last LCG ended with a bang, the sparkling juice cork fell somewhere.

We had potluck which honestly.. wasn't my ideal choice but I was okay with the idea cause potluck has the essence of festivities, rather than just everyone da bao their own zhi char, or daily cut, or Mr Bean over and then eating it. 

Apologies to those who brought food which i did not eat. I am picky when it comes to being given choices. I.e if you buy everyone a plate of chicken rice, i will eat without complaining. But if you buy chicken rice and char Siew rice, I will of course choose the latter.

But really thankful to all the food. Its always an overflow. Never a lack. Thank God!

One highlight of the evening was also revisiting certain interesting one liner episodes . From Grace's 一针见血 type of remark. But got to admire her guts. Cause some stuff which she said was what I was thinking. But... I won't say it out cause I do find it a bit hurtful. Haha but Grace's bluntness and 'devil may care' attitude is really a whole new level. Perhaps next to Xue, she is the other most 潇洒 person I know in LOL. It was fun to revisit these moments and fascinating at the same that we had so many shared memories in this 1 year.

Then we had the Secret Santa. With Nic around, you know its going to be something different. There is always a twist. But really eh. I'm quite appalled... like the twins will tell each other who they got when the instruction given was quite clear NOT TO! I mean it's called Secret Santa for a reason right? And got instructions even if you have never participated in one before. Hmm so... yeah. Of course Nic being Nic, the twist he introduced circumvented this.

Okay so we were each given a cutely designed worksheet. Approved by the north pole post office, in which we were to write down the Santee's name, beside the Santa. The twist is... you may not be guessing for yourself. Cause we drew the worksheets at random, so you are actually guessing for someone. Hence if you get all correct or most number of Santa-santee pairs right, both you and the person you are guessing for will receive the prize money. 

Anyways, the game was tough and intense. It really showed me how little I know of everyone. Alvin's name came up in almost every description. How he is hot (on fire), passionate, sociable, goes out, like to create memories) like almost everything is describing him. I think for me... when I heard the verse, the first name that came to my head was mine. But I didn't dare to put my name down. Cause I was afraid I would be disappointed. This verse is also the verse that gets me every time. I think God knows. Also... its quite hard to get me a gift. Cause I'm quite picky. I do not really have anything I need, just a few wants. Haha was talking to Chloe (she's my Santa <3) about it. Really thank her for the effort! A card with the verse would have been enough haha cause the thing I want is maybe not everyone will know. 

But back to my point. On how little we really know each other. Haha i wrote on my ig that knowing what someone likes is a bonus, i enjoy the company and time spent together much more. And perhaps that's what this LCG brought to me. Doing things together and having shared experiences. This beats much more than doing a material together (sorry Nic haha). But creating a safe space to share is also a gift in itself. Maybe I'll never been able to reach 100% open, but I think as compared to the start of the year, I'm more open now and I'm more comfortable in my own skin. Which was something that dawned on me just now. Its also because this LCG allowed me to be me. 

Hence though we might not know each other well, but its nobody's fault cause everyone changes in the different seasons. People pick up new hobbies, grow out of old fashion but the beauty in all these is there is always something new to know about someone. Even if you know that someone for more than a decade of their lives. Also be careful what you wish for... hopefully I do not get too many tea flavoured cakes next year . Too much of something... can be quite scary. (but thanks Nic for the Durian cake! I think I expected more, cause the cakes for the others were spot on, but for mine it was a bit questionable haha. Could be that expectations kills. Should be thankful you didn't buy chocolate cake) I'll miss this suppose to be every Thursday cell but end up being not so regular Thursday cell. 

The boos, the one shot one kills, the laughter and the jokes, the time where nobody wants to start the 球滚滚,just the company. Sometimes looking at what the other LCGs are doing may seem more fun but too chaotic, too much noise for my liking, my brain cannot take it. 我们,恰当好。

Will definitely miss this dynamics next year. But thanks for the memories! Thank you Jesus for being with us throughout the year in this LCG.

= do something right =

No comments: